ARAI & YUASA & OTA Laboratory
gAdvanced Intelligent Systems Laboratoryh
Arai-Yuasa-Ota Laboratory's research deals with Advanced Intelligent Systems, which extend the concept of Advanced Robotics studied by us these years.
Robot Engineering has developed versatile mechanisms and theories for their motion. We expect that studies in robotics will evolve into a theory on human beings as artificial intelligence has moved into cognitive science. Our laboratory has sought for ghuman friendly machinesh for these years. Our main research themes covered advanced systems like ggroup behavior of robotsh and gdexterous manipulation of robots.h
Now we aim at creating new design methodology of advanced intelligent systems with Robotics technologies with three cores as shown below:
- Dexterous manipulation by robots with general manipulation theory. Task planning/ realization by robot groups.
- Establishment of robot management systems. Environmental support for intelligent behavior of robots. Men-robot cooperative systems.
- Modeling and controlling multi-agent systems consisting of the above-mentioned robots, men and environments.
Our current research activities are consisting of the following five topics:
- Dwarf Intelligence & Cooperation: Task planning of group behaviors. Task realization by a group of robots. Cooperative manipulation by multiple robots. Cooperation of legged robots.
- Emergent Behavior: Behavior learning of robots in real worlds. Modeling and learning of distributed autonomous systems.
- System Integration: Aids for robots embedded in a building. Human-supervised multiple mobile robots. Maintenance system for robots.
- Skill Representation: Skill Model for Robot Teaching. Planning of manipulations.
- Production Systems: Distributed Production System with the concept of Holonic Manufacturing System. Flexible Material Handling System with plural AGVs.
Introduction of research groups
The publication of the laboratory is listed at each year.
For any inquiry, please contact to email@example.com